2020 Girls Central/West Festival
What is the Girls Central/West Festival?
Hockey Night in Boston will conduct our second annual Girls Central/West Festival, which will be held from June 20th – June 21st at the Worcester Ice Center – Worcester, MA. This Festival is for Girls entering their Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year in the Fall (PGs at a Prep or Junior program are also eligible). This festival is primarily for girls from the Central/West Massachusetts region, as well as Connecticut, New York, Southern Vermont, and other players that want to participate in an HNIB festival but can’t attend any of the other regional festivals because of their schedule.
At the end of the girls’ festival, the HNIB coaching staff will select 35-40 players who will be invited to participate in the 26th Annual Girls Major Showcase.*
*HNIB will be pre-selecting several players who will receive automatic spots in the August showcase based on their play this past season. During the round-robin series in the Girls Central/West Festival, players will be evaluated by two coaches on the bench and two observing off the ice to determine the 35-40 players who will move onto the Girls Major Showcase.
To request more information about the Girls Central/West Festival, fill out this form.
Where is the Girls Central/West Festival?
Haverhill Valley Forum
7 Parkridge Road
Haverhill, MA 01835
Click here for directions
Located in the Ward Hill Industrial Park in Haverhill, this state-of-the-art, twin rinks facility will offer all of the amenities of a premier sports center including two ice surfaces, a spacious, glassed-enclosed mezzanine level overlooking both ice surfaces, 12 team locker rooms and a training facility operated by Warrior Training Systems.
200′ x 85′ ice rink surfaces
Physical Training Center
Seating for 1,000 spectators
Glassed-enclosed mezzazine level
12 locker rooms
Full service pro shop operated by TSR Hockey and concessions center
2 Olympia Ice Resurfacers
Executive Staff Offices
In order to register for the Girls Central/West Festival, you must:
- Be a FEMALE player entering the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior year in the FALL. U20 PG players at a Junior program or an accredited Prep school are also eligible
How to Register?
To register for the Girls Central/West Festival, click the “Register Online” button below.
You can pay with a Credit/Debit card, or choose the “Pay by check” option. If you select “Pay by check”, you must mail a $200 deposit by check or money order as soon as possible to complete your registration. Make the check/money order out to Hockey Night in Boston and mail to the address listed below.
Hockey Night in Boston
654 South Union St. #2
Lawrence, MA 01843
The Girls Central/West Festival will consist of four games total, (each team plays 4 games in all). Every game has three 20-minute periods (stop-time).
On the final day, the 2 top teams will go face to face to determine the Festival champion who will be awarded souvenir HNIB sweatshirts.
Festival Cost & Refund Policy
Tuition is as follows:
- $299 for Festival (1 practice/4 games & includes jersey)
- If registering online, you have the option to pay with a Credit/Debit card, or by check
- If you choose to pay with a Credit/Debit card, you must pay the full amount ($299)
- If you choose to pay by check, you must submit a $200 deposit by check or money order as soon as possible to complete registration
- A $99 balance will be due May 15th, 2020
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
- There are no refunds after May 15th, 2020. Refunds requested between April 1st, 2020 and May 15th, 2020 are subject to a $50.00 administrative fee. All refund requests must be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing and sent to the HNIB office at 654 South Union St. #2, Lawrence, MA 01843.
- If a player is not accepted into the Festival, their fee will be refunded in full.
Book a Hotel
Book a Hotel
For those needing to stay overnight, HNIB has joined a partnership with Pse Event Housing to bring you special rate deals with some of the local hotels. You can view the available hotel options and book your room by visiting the following link, https://pse.tournamenthotels.com/pse/Event/3973, or by calling Pse’s Customer Service line at 1-888-417-6446.