2018 Boys Mid-Atlantic Festival
What is the Mid-Atlantic Festival?
Hockey Night in Boston will hold our 2018 Mid-Atlantic Festival for players who have had high school, prep school, or junior hockey experience, and who will be entering their Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or PG year in the Fall of 2018. This weekend festival provides the opportunity to compete against talent from all over Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, and the rest of the Mid-Atlantic, get exposure to Prep and Junior coaches, and play some summer hockey!
This festival will give players entering their JR, SR, or PG year the opportunity to be chosen to play in the historic 44th Annual HNIB Boys Major Summer Showcase which will be held at the Haverhill Valley Forum from July 25th – July 29th.
The Mid-Atlantic and Connecticut/NY teams will be pre-selecting 8-10 players prior to the Festival to make up the core of those teams. HNIB will then select 25-30 players from this Festival to complete those two rosters, as well as compliment other rosters in the Boys Major Showcase.
Players entering their Sophomore year will be given the opportunity to be chosen to play in the 38th Annual Sophomore All-Star Tournament held at the Haverhill Valley Forum from July 8th – July 12th.
To request more information about the Mid-Atlantic Festival, fill out this form.
Where is the Mid-Atlantic Festival?
The Mid-Atlantic Festival will take place at the Northford Ice Pavilion in Northford, CT.
Northford Ice Pavilion
24 Fire-Lite Pl
Northford, CT 06472
In order to register for the Mid-Atlantic Festival, you must:
- be a MALE player entering your Sophomore, Junior, Senior year in the FALL of 2018. PG players at a Junior program or an accredited Prep school are also eligible
- live in and/or go to school in Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, or other Mid-Atlantic states.
How to Register?
To register for the Mid-Atlantic Festival, choose one of the following options.
You can pay with a Credit/Debit card, or choose the “Pay by check” option. If you select “Pay by check”, you must mail a $200 deposit by check or money order as soon as possible to complete your registration. Make the check/money order out to Hockey Night in Boston and mail to the address listed below.
You may type directly into this PDF, print it, and mail it in with your deposit check. You may also save the PDF after filling it out, and email it to us at HNIBinfo@comcast.net. If you choose to email us the PDF, please send your $200 deposit out as soon as possible to complete your registration. Make the check/money order out to Hockey Night in Boston and mail to the address listed below.
Hockey Night in Boston
654 South Union St. #2
Lawrence, MA 01843
The Mid-Atlantic Festival will consist of a practice/game on Friday evening, two games on Saturday, and a final game Sunday (each team plays 4 games in all). Every game has three 20-minute periods (stop-time).
On Sunday, the 2 top teams will go face to face to determine the Festival champion who will be awarded souvenir HNIB sweatshirts.
Festival Cost & Refund Policy
Tuition is as follows:
- $295 for Festival (1 practice/4 games & includes jersey)
- If registering online, you have the option to pay with a Credit/Debit card, or by check
- If you choose to pay with a Credit/Debit card, you must pay the full amount ($295)
- If you choose to pay by check, you must submit a $200 deposit by check or money order as soon as possible to complete registration
- A $95 balance will be due May 15th, 2018
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
- There are no refunds after May 15th, 2018. Refunds requested between April 1st, 2018 and May 15th, 2018 are subject to a $50.00 administrative fee. All refund requests must be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing and sent to the HNIB office at 654 South Union St. #2, Lawrence, MA 01843.
- If a player is not accepted into the Mid-Atlantic Festival, their fee will be refunded in full.
Book a Hotel
Book a Hotel
Hockey Night in Boston partners up with Best Western in North Haven, CT to provide HNIB participants discount rates if they need to reserve a hotel for the weekend. To book a hotel with the HNIB discount, use this link to book with the discount applied: https://pse.tournamenthotels.com/pse/Event/2103.
Phone: (203) 239-6700
Click HERE for Best Western North Haven website