2018 Boys High School Festival
What is the HS Division Festival?
Hockey Night in Boston will hold our annual High School Division Festival from June 23rd to June 24th at the Haverhill Valley Forum (Haverhill, MA) for qualified varsity Massachusetts & Rhode Island players entering their Junior, Senior or PG year in the Fall of 2018. This weekend festival provides the opportunity to compete against Prep and High School talent from all over Massachusetts/Rhode Island, get exposure to Prep and Junior coaches, and play some summer hockey!
This festival will give players entering their JR, SR, or PG year the opportunity to be chosen to play in the historic 44th Annual HNIB Boys Major Summer Showcase which will be held at the Haverhill Valley Forum from July 25th – July 29th, 2018.
HNIB will be pre-selecting players prior to the Festival to make up the core of several Major teams. HNIB will then select 45-50 players from this Festival to complete those rosters, as well as compliment other rosters in the Boys Major Showcase.
To request more information about the HS Division Festival or to determine if you’re eligible to play, fill out this form.
Where is the HS Division Festival?
Haverhill Valley Forum
7 Parkridge Road
Haverhill, MA 01835
Click here for directions
Located in the Ward Hill Industrial Park in Haverhill, this state-of-the-art, twin rinks facility will offer all of the amenities of a premier sports center including two ice surfaces, a spacious, glassed-enclosed mezzanine level overlooking both ice surfaces, 12 team locker rooms and a training facility operated by Warrior Training Systems.
200′ x 85′ ice rink surfaces
Physical Training Center
Seating for 1,000 spectators
Glassed-enclosed mezzazine level
12 locker rooms
Full service pro shop operated by TSR Hockey and concessions center
2 Olympia Ice Resurfacers
Executive Staff Offices
In order to register for the Mass/RI High School Festival, you must:
- be a MALE player entering your Junior, Senior, or PG* year in the FALL of 2018. U-20 PG players at a Junior program or an accredited Prep school are eligible
- live in and/or go to school in either Massachusetts or Rhode Island. Canadian residents with New England Prep school ties are also eligible
How to Register?
To register for the HS Division Festival, click the following link…
You can pay with a Credit/Debit card, or choose the “Pay by check” option. If you select “Pay by check”, you must mail a $200 deposit by check or money order as soon as possible to complete your registration. Make the check/money order out to Hockey Night in Boston and mail to the address listed below.
Hockey Night in Boston
654 South Union St. #2
Lawrence, MA 01843
The HS Division Festival will consist of two games on Saturday and two games on Sunday (each team plays 4 games in all). Every game has three 20-minute periods (stop-time).
On Sunday, the 2 top teams will go face to face to determine the Festival champion who will be awarded souvenir HNIB sweatshirts.
Festival Cost & Refund Policy
Tuition is as follows:
- $295 for Festival (1 practice/4 games & includes jersey)
- If registering online, you have the option to pay with a Credit/Debit card, or by check
- If you choose to pay with a Credit/Debit card, you must pay the full amount ($295)
- If you choose to pay by check, you must submit a $200 deposit by check or money order as soon as possible to complete registration
- A $95 balance will be due May 15th, 2018
Refund / Cancellation Policy:
- There are no refunds after May 15th, 2018. Refunds requested between April 1st, 2018 and May 15th, 2018 are subject to a $50.00 administrative fee. All refund requests must be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing and sent to the HNIB office at 654 South Union St. #2, Lawrence, MA 01843.
- If a player is not accepted into the High School Festival, their fee will be refunded in full.
Book a Hotel
Book a Hotel
For those needing to stay overnight, HNIB has joined a partnership with Pse Event Housing to bring you special rate deals with some of the local hotels. You can view the available hotel options and book your room by visiting the following link, https://pse.tournamenthotels.com/pse/Event/1969, or by calling Pse’s Customer Service line at 1-888-417-6446.