Guidelines and Protocols for HNIB Events at The Bog
As we prepare to hold Hockey Night in Boston games with Massachusetts’ Phase 3 reopening beginning July 6, we must require all HNIB participants to acknowledge and agree to the following protocols and waiver of liability prior to participating.
We appreciate your patience and understanding with all of these protocols, as we wish to return to the ice and a semblance of normalcy, while maintaining a safe and healthy environment to do so.
- Players must walk into the facility dressed and show up to the arena entrance no more than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled ice time. (E.g., if your game is scheduled for 6:30pm, please arrive to the arena entrance no earlier than 6:15pm. You may arrive to the parking lot and remain in your vehicle, but please practice social distancing if you get out of your vehicle)
- Players and Coaches must wear masks when coming into the arena and when leaving the arena. Coaches are to keep their mask on at all times on the benches.
- First day check-ins will be done outside of the arena entrance to allow for better social distancing.
- Locker rooms are not available, but we will provide adequate space for players to put their skates on, however it is recommended players bring walkable skate-guards as well.
- Players MUST leave within 15 minutes of the end of their ice time.
- For the safety of all customers, participants and employees we strongly recommend drop-off only for skaters. If that is not an option, only one (1) spectator per skater is allowed inside the facility. Spectators will be required to wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
- Masks are not required for players while they are participating in athletic activities.
- Players will be required to use their own water bottles and fill them at home.
- If a player, coach, or any other HNIB staff member has any sort of illness, coughing, or sneezing please stay home. Likewise, if a player has a recorded temperature higher than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, they must stay home.
- Players, spectators, and coaches must achieve proper hygiene at beginning and end of all activities through hand-washing and sanitizing.
- NO SPITTING inside facility.
You can view The Bog’s rink guidelines at this link.